Halaman

Rabu, 1 April 2009

A day amongst all other day

Warning: There's gonna be a lot of rambling in this post. Sorry for that!

Last year, I spent the whole day of Hari Raya out in the field in Buchan looking for fossils. Though I have no idea what I was doing in my trousers and amal wafa' t-shirt with my geology all-weather note book in my hand and a compass around my neck on the day when every other muslims were in one of their best clothes to celebrate one of the 2 day of victory and celebration that Allah has granted us, there I was. Amazingly, I managed to discover a few large and interesting fossils, that really amused my paleontology teacher. And despite the fact that I am not interested in fossils, it wasn't a bad day after all. Yet, I hope I wouldn't have to spend another Eid doing something as such.

This year, I had an 8am lecture on fossils that went on for two hours, followed by another 3 hour of lab, looking at fossils under the microscope, on my birthday!! Wow.. what a way to spend your birthday!

It occurred to me, why am I always stuck in fossil-work on important dates?? huhu..


Anyway, I believe this is the first time I had 2 birthday celebrations! a pre-birthday, and on the day itself. Jazakumullahu khair sahabat..=) (Will there be a belated one? =P)

Someone said somthing today, that was during the second celebration:
'Ni last year awak kat sini yer? Ala, sedihnya. Extend la lagi..extend la lagi..'

And suddenly, i felt sad. Sebak. It's true. This is my final year here. And then I will have to go back to Malaysia to serve my country.
But I don't want to go back just yet. 3 years is not long enough. Or maybe, 3 years have been too long, such that my heart has fallen in love with this place. I'm not prepared yet to go back for good. To leave all my beloved friends behind. To leave this place which has taught me a lot about life. The place in which Allah granted me the best companions ever. The place where I learned more about Allah, to know Him, and to love Him. The place where I found myself, and learned to become a better person.

This place.. Clayton. Melbourne. Which I had grew to love with all my heart..is about to become a memory once I finish my degree at the end of the year, iA.


But nevertheless, I still have another 9 month to go.So let's just put the emotion aside for a while, and make full use of what's left for me.

If last year I put up a long 'perutusan' for my birthday, this year, let's make it simple. Yang pasti, as I grow older, my life is getting shorter. Because the more time goes by, the less time is left for me in this world before i meet death. Somehow, I wish that I can be a better slave of Allah, and a better daie too. I have to be more mature, to grow up; whilst at the same time, not forgetting my sense of humor. Overall, what I feel this year is the same as what was posted on the 1st of April last year, except that, this year I feel the urgency to put more actions into it so that what I hope for really becomes reality. I'm currently training myself to be more disciplined, mostly because of the fact that I'm coming home for good by the end of the year. And I really hope that I will never 'futur' from this way of life that I have chosen. Ameen..ameen..


Ok, now I would like to post the chosen bday wish for the year: by a very special ukhti (let the person remain my own special secret):

Bismillah, Dear Allah,
The lady reading this is beautiful, classy and strong, and I love her. Help her live her life to the fullest. Please promote her and cause her to excel above her expectations. Help her shine in the darkest places where it is impossible to love. Protect her at all times, lift her up when she needs You the most and let her know when she walks with You, she will always be safe.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!




Ameen..ameen..Ya rabbal a'lamin.. May Allah fulfill this wish for me, and to her, and to everyone else who had wish me a happy birthday. Thank you all for the warming wishes, I really do appreciate it! Alhamdulillah, Allah has bestowed upon me the best friends that I could ever have on this earth, and I am really really thankful for that. Alhamdulillah.

A special credit to both my ibu n ayah (ei, no. Not credit. Let's make it a high distinction!!! yeay!) for loving me, caring for me, growing me up and educating me for the past 21 years. May Allah loves you two more than the two of you love me, and may He keep ibu and ayah away from hellfire, and rewards you with Jannah, because in the past 21 years, you have taught me about the purpose of life, to know Him and to love Him, and because you have provided me with the best love I could ever ask for. These are the most valuable thing ever. No one can ever replace you two. Love you ibu and ayah. =)

-end-

Tiada ulasan: